Thursday, November 19, 2009

Me? Diabetes?

I decided just over a week ago I would see if I could find a more efficiant manner to get down the stairs. The results were faster, but resulted in bruised and/or cracked ribs. This of course resulted in another longer trips to the doctor's office.
This in turn put to the top of my mind a promise I made to Mom shortly before she passed away that I would get a check up.
so while there getting my rubs poked, I scheduled to get the rest of me poked and prodded.
Long story short....another trip and second blood test later...and I'm diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
I joke that I'm convinced that there was nothing wring with me until I went, but in reality I'm convinced my mom knew this and pushed me down those stairs to get my procrastinating ass to the docs. She had diabetes and genetics don't hide. I of course realize that I'm lucky to have discovered this early enough to hopefully prevent the damage it may cause. But I'm also feeling a bit angry. I quit smoking just over 3 months ago and this is my reward? I know selfish.
I'll take some time, get used to a new lifestyle(damn I'm gonna miss junk food) and come out the other side happier and healthier I'm sure. First I'm gonna be pissed off and depressed for a while so forgive me ahead of time if you don't mind?

That's it for now...as Zevon says....Life'll Kill ya

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment